I know probably everybody will think like, what? facts about insurance! I know, but hey, there are some interesting things about insurance which are worth knowing! Insurance companies have made it to the Guinness Book of World records! Now read some facts here!
The world’s first skyscraper was the Home Insurance Building in Chicago, erected in 1884-1885. The so-called “Father of the Skyscraper” towered all of 10 stories with its peak at 138 feet, miniature by today’s standards but gargantuan at that time.
Some public celebrities sometimes buy insurance for their body parts. They don’t take chances on getting any part of their body changed or disfigured.
- Singer Mariah Carey seems to think her legs are far more valuable than any footballer’s — she’s insured them for $1 billion!
- The James Bond actor’s body was reportedly insured for 5 million pounds back in 2008, when he was shooting for Quantum of Solace. It is believed that Craig insisted on doing his own stunts and suffered several injuries, so producers decided to keep their star covered — in a blanket of money!
- After Dostana catapulted his rear in tiny swimming trunks to fame in 2008, John Abraham decided to have it covered with a policy worth an alleged Rs 10 crore.
- Singer Mariah Carey didn’t care if she lose her voice, she insured her legs. But now we have got a singer who really care about his voice. It is the Musician Bruce Springsteen. He insured his husky voice for 3.5 million pounds with Lloyd’s of London.
- David Beckham’s legs are insured at $35 million each.
- The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has insured just the middle finger on his left hand covered for $1.6 million dollars. May be he feared that some one would break it considering he used to stick it out so often!
- Now the Superstar Rajni is said to be insured and copyrighted his voice. So don’t roam around mimicking Rajni’s voice if you don’t want to get sued!
- Now the weirdest Insurance! – Rocker David Lee Roth had his sperm insured for a million dollars! If any paternity suits were filed against him because of ROCK ‘n’ ROLL life style, the insurancecompany would pay the charges!
- Singer Dolly Parton, had her breasts insured for $600,000